Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fingernail missing ???

    So it happened on June 20th or so when I was at the movies with my cousins . Going to the movies with my cousins was really fun .That day we had gone to see the movie Mr .poppers penguins .That movie was hilarious . Soon enough the movie was over .       While we were outside the movie theatre there was a hill . On that hill there was grass and dirt . So then me and my cousins girlfriend decided to roll down that hill which was really fun . Soon after we were waiting for my uncle to get there . My uncle appeared out of the nowhere and said lets go. So then thats when my tragedy happened I had forgotten that he had brought his other 2 kids with him .So I opened the door and saw my little cousins there and I said “ooops, wrong door.” That was when I slammed the door on my thumb. I didn’t feel the door against my finger so I turned around and tried to walk away but it jerked me back . Then thats when I opened the door and saw my thumb bleeding and turning purple . At that moment I felt pain ,anger and sadness . When me and my cousins were in the  car my uncle asked me “ do you want me to take you to the hospital ?” but I had said “NO.” So I got home with tears in my eyes . My mom had asked me what had happened so I showed her my thumb and she was about to pass out because it looked really nasty . My mom had then asked me the same thing about going to the hospital but I said no . I kept saying no because I was scared of getting surgery on my thumb . So I slept with all the pain in my thumb . All that night  I could feel my self sobber in my sleep . The next day I felt even more worse . I couldn’t  feel my hand nor my thumb . Soon after about a month I was messing around when my nail just fell of . When that happened it disgusted me . Seeing my thumb took my appetite away for about 2 weeks .  Soon after my mom called the Health Alliance so she could make an appointment . Soon as I went to the appointment the doctors were shocked because they had never seen my thumb like that .The doctors called a special doctor to see my thumb .So then the other doctor agreed to see me as his patient . In about 2 weeks I went to see the doctor . The doctor told me that he knew for a fact that it would take my nail about 6 months to grow . Then school started and I was worried about what people would say about my thumb . I kept feeling self conscious and I still do . Now that I wrote this story and people will know I feel confident . Once everybody knows I wont have to hide my hand. I just hope the month of my operation comes quickly .

1 comment: