Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My childhood memories

I was in preschool when I was 4 . In the middle of the year I had to go to Mexico . I left because I had to go see my grandparents . The main reason I had to go to Mexico was because of my grandmother . My grandmothers heart had started to overgrow and she needed surgery. Soon enough the day of her surgery came, and she did great .                                                                                                                                       I stayed in Mexico for about 2 months or so. While I was in Mexico , Christmas came along. During that day my aunt and I gave thanks to god for letting us have my grandparents there with us . Soon after that, we had a basket of strawberries that had the most golden flavor ever . Then the strawberries were gone and we wanted more , so my grandmother told my aunt to go get some more strawberries and to put some sack in it . Once my aunt came back  the strawberries were so mouthwatering,delightful and juicy when you take the bite out of that red, big strawberry .                                                                                                                             Soon enough  we finished the strawberries I felt full and I felt sleepy so I decided to go into my aunts room and sleep but I couldn't fall asleep because I kept on thinking about my family in Kannapolis .So I just sat there and thought the whole time.  I felt the coldness and emptiness in the morning . It looked like a room of adventure when I looked around .                                                                                                                          Once I was there for along time I  felt homesick just seeing the living room and everything outside just reminded me of my actual home . I felt that maybe I could just sit there and cry but I didn't . Instead I would go visit my cousins and sleep over there where they live . Soon enough I was there for 2 months I wished I could be there for at least another month ( even though I felt homesick I wanted to stay there).

          Then 2 weeks later it was time to get on the plane and come home . Before I was taken to the airport it broke my heart seeing my grandparents cry . My grandfathers last words before i got on the plane were " I love you and take care." My grandmothers last words were " I love you and no matter what , I am going to be here for you ." So I got on the plane , with tears in my eyes and found my seat  where I waved my last goodbye and never got to see them again .

          Now and then I talk to my grandparents through the phone and hear their voice that fulfills me with joy and warmth inside . It doesn't feel the same hearing there voice  instead of feeling there warm hugs . Soon enough i will go to Mexico and see them again . I still wonder if Mexico looks the same way as it did when I was there.

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I have family in New York that I never see. Sure I can talk to them, but it's just not the same. I need to see them to know that they actually exist and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thsi piece is amazing! What really worked for me was how you wrote the first couple paragraphs in such a way that I felt like I was there, eating strawberries. Then, in the third paragraph (perfect timing in your writing) came this change in the entire mood, which you did really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this, U explained everything so clearly Oh and strawberries are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Diana this is good..I hate that you can't go back and see them..I'm glad your down here cause if not who knows what I would be up to haha..Maybe one day you will go back and I will be down here laughing at how funny we are.. :D i love you n/h haha

    ReplyDelete